Radial and focused Acoustic Wave Treatment (AWT) for the treatment of cellulite and wrinkles and for body shaping and skin tightening in aesthetics and dermatology
Originally, acoustic waves were used for the fragmentation of kidney stones exclusively because of their mechanical effects. Recent studies have revealed that acoustic waves produce biological effects that may stimulate metabolic processes and improve connective tissue elasticity in aesthetic therapy.
Optimum treatment results can be achieved by combining different energy sources:
1. Short high-energy defocused waves can be used for fat breakdown in the tissue, for instance. Ultrasound measurements (optional) of the fat tissue layer can be performed to document the therapy progress.
2. Long low-energy radial waves are applied to areas near the skin surface. They are used for purposes such as improving the elasticity of connective tissue or anti-cellulite treatment.
3. Stimulating vibration pulses are applied over large areas to stimulate tissue structures and the lymphatic system. They can also help to enhance muscle relaxation.
Treatment of deep therapy regions with the C-ACTOR® handpiece / Treatment of superficial therapy regions with the D-ACTOR® handpiece / Muscle treatment with the V-ACTOR® handpiece
Applications of Acoustic Wave Therapy
- Body shaping
- Anti-cellulite treatment
- Scar and wrinkle smoothing
- Skin elasticity improvement
- Connective tissue tightening
- Treatment of pregnancy stretch marks
- Treatment of post-liposuction irregularities
DUOLITH® SD1 »ultra« AWT – Modular design and intuitive operation
Because of the modular design of the DUOLITH® SD1 »ultra« AWT, both new users and experienced therapists will be able to use the system according to their specific requirements. The modular system is designed to grow with the changing needs of the medical practice, offering a range of upgradable features.
Thanks to modern touch screen technology and an intuitive menu-driven user interface, the DUOLITH® SD1 »ultra« AWT is designed for maximum ease of use. The self-explanatory icons on the clearly structured screen ensure a short learning curve.
The system enables automatic documentation of each treatment and of the therapy progress in a patient management system.
Treatment photos and videos and operating instructions are also included.
The radial handpiece can be controlled entirely from the control module or by using the handpiece display. The frequency and energy level can be selected directly on the handpiece.
Touch screen – Treatment instructions / Touch screen – Treatment videos / Handpiece display