Capture detailed cellular images and get in-depth cell-level analyses for migration and wound healing assays, 3D spheroid formation and many other kinetic applications in up to 8 microplates or other labware. Built-in scheduling, environmental monitoring and available liquid handling allow you to walk away with confidence – and allows multiple users to run processes simultaneously without disrupting others.
The BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System offers unique benefits for a wide variety of live cell imaging applications:
- Brightfield, high contrast brightfield, color brightfield, phase contrast and fluorescence imaging offers amazing imaging application versatility on a single platform
- 1.25x to 60x magnification captures the level of detail you need, from whole well montage to intracellular detail
- Integrated temperature and CO2/O2 control, plus humidity monitoring support live cell assays
- 6 objectives on an automated turret provides effortless image capture at various magnifications
- Z-stacking and z-projection, plus z-stacked montage are powerful capture and processing tools to get vital information from 3D biology
- Patented laser autofocus provides increased reproducibility, while decreasing phototoxic and photobleaching effects
- Advanced cell-level analysis like nuclear and cytoplasmic masking define critical, information-rich regions of interest
- Automated washing, reagent dispensing and media replacement are easy add-ons, bringing efficiency to critical cell sample prep and maintenance throughout the entire workflow
- Cell migration and invasion assays
- Cell cycle progression and analysis
- Apoptosis and Necrosis
- Cell proliferation assays
Five imaging modes
The variety of imaging modes enable an astonishing range of microscopy applications, within a single, compact system. Automate workflows for up to 8 microplates or other labware, including cell culture dishes, flasks and microscope slides.
Broad magnification range
Capture the level of detail you need, from whole well montage to intracellular detail with 1.25x to 60x objectives available. The automated, 6-position turret makes it simple to capture multiple magnifications in a single workflow.
Successful long term live cell assays rely on a controlled environment to keep cells healthy and aid proliferation. BioSpa has integrated temperature and CO2/O2 control and monitoring, plus humidity monitoring to protect cells during kinetic runs that last days or weeks.
Automated objective turret
To efficiently view a variety of samples at a range of magnifications, install up to 6 objectives on the automated turret, and capture images automatically, within a single experiment.
3D cell culture
Gen5 software has powerful z-stacking capabilities to capture the important details of a 3D cell structure. Z-projection and image analysis provides in-depth information about the spheroid. Z-stacking montage capability brings powerful processing for 3D biologies.
Patented laser autofocus
Provides increased reproducibility and speed, while decreasing phototoxic and photobleaching effect.
Advanced cell-level analysis
Powerful tools like nuclear and cytoplasmic masking define critical, information-rich regions of interest for automated, detailed cellular analysis.
|6- to 1536-well standard height microplates, with or without lids.
Plate height range: 7.6 mm to 25.4 mm
|Other labware supported
|Cell culture dishes (60 mm and 35 mm), T25 flasks
|Lidded plate handling
|BioSpa automated plate movement, including de-lidding and re-lidding between the incubator and imager.
|Up to 8 microplates (or other labware)
|User-replaceable HEPA filter
|Cytation 5, Cytation 1, EL406, 405 TS, MultiFlo FX
|Range: to 45 °C
Control resolution: 0.1 °C
Uniformity + 0.5 °C at 37 °C
|Allows user notification (text or email) of events and/or errors in the system
Provides control, monitoring and logging of CO2/O2 and incubator temperature
Provides humidity level monitoring and logging
BioSpa OnDemand mode for simplified, intuitive workflows for single or multiple users
BioSpa Session mode for all imaging, detection and liquid handling operations
|CO2 and O2 control (option)
|Range: 0 – 20% (CO2); 1 – 19% (O2)
Control Resolution: +0.1% (CO2 and O2)
Stability: +0.2% at 5% CO2; +0.2% at 1% O2
|rH: 80 to 95% (lidded plates and 5% CO2)
Source: Removable water pan
Water level sensor: Low water level alert
|Fluorescence, brightfield, high contrast brightfield, color brightfield and phase contrast
|Single color, multi-color, montage, time lapse, z-stacking
|Z-projection, digital phase contrast, stitching
|16-bit gray scale Sony
|6 user-replaceable objectives
|1.25x, 2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x
|Phase objectives available
|4x, 10x, 20x, 40x
|Image filter cube capacity
|4 user-replaceable fluorescence cubes plus brightfield channel
|Imaging filter cubes available
|More than 20 colors are available
|Imaging LED cubes available
|365 nm, 390 nm, 465 nm, 505 nm, 523 nm, 590 nm, 623 nm, 655 nm, 740 nm
|User-trained autofocus, autofocus, autoexposure, auto-LED intensity
Laser autofocus (option)
|See the individual product pages at EL406, MultiFlo FX and 405 TS
BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System is typically comprised of Cytation Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader and BioSpa 8 Automated Incubator. BioTek’s washers and dispensers can be integrated for a fully automated sample prep through results workflow. Below are the BioTek instruments that can be integrated with BioSpa for automated live cell imaging.
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- EL406 Washer Dispenser
- 405 LS Washer
- 405 TS Washer
- MultiFlo FX Multi-Mode Dispenser
Cytation can be integrated on the right or left side of BioSpa, as shown below.